With the ongoing problems with COVID related travel chaos we are outlining a flexible and secure policy to give you peace of mind that your money will be safe.
Please see the Frequently Asked Questions at the bottom of this page for more clarification
At the time of booking it is a requirement to have the most robust travel insurance you can find. We realise there are challenges with cover for COVID related cancellations. However there are several insurance covers that insure you once you have COVID and need to isolate. We can advise on this as required
It must be noted that Icebreaker Chalets is not a travel insurance company and as such there are limits to what we can offer in regards to COVID and cancellations
Icebreaker Chalets is offering the following in regards to COVID related problems. You can find the full terms and conditions in Annex 1 downloadable from our home page. Please do contact us to discuss any of this for more clarification .
All deposits taken since 15th March 2020 will be fully refundable until the end of September when we hope there will be a clearer strategy with dealing with COVID related problems .
The final balance payments for your 2020-2021 Winter holiday will now be 8 weeks before travel reduced from 12 weeks prior to COVID.
If final payment is not receive 8 weeks before your departure date Icebreaker Chalets shall have the right to cancel your booking and keep the deposit amount already paid.
If you want to cancel your holiday for any reason other than those listed below we will retain your deposit of £150 per person to cover costs we have already incurred and future costs we are liable for. This includes cancelling holidays due to the need to quarantine on returning back to your home country. We will however defer all balance payments you have made to the following season in the form of a voucher that can be used against a holiday until April 2022
We understand that our clients are looking for total flexibility and transparency, which is why should your holiday be cancelled for any of the reasons stated below, all your payments to date will be automatically converts to a voucher for credit against a future holiday with Icebreaker Chalets at the advertised price of the chalet holiday and dates you choose.
Acceptable reasons for cancellation are:
NOTE : an official statement must have been published to announce these above circumstances. Also the above Covid related issues must be in place at the time that your booking is due to take place.
As with every season Icebreaker Chalets are committed to providing a cleaning service that prepares and keeps your chalet to a very high standard of cleanliness. All our team are trained preseason and we will be taking an approach in line with local government guidelines to provide a sanitised and safe environment for your stay with us.
We will prepare for cleaning with all the appropriate protective wear for our staff and cleaning products.
Recognised disinfectants will be used on all surfaces to help stop the spread of any virus and all our team will be fully equipped to protect themselves and yourselves from the contact spread of any virus.
We will have in place a routine that will be checked every day to ensure that cleaning is carried out as required. Check lists will be completed by all staff members as they carry out their duties.
All surfaced that come in constant use such as door handles, light switches etc will be sanitised on a regular basis.
Hand sanitiser will be available throughout the chalet and all staff and guests will be asked to use this on entry to the chalets.
Icebreaker Chalets management will be present in the chalets on a daily basic and there will be constant checks on cleaning and the check lists used by all staff. Anyone showing signs of a virus will be asked to seek medical advice and isolate as required.
We will be keeping to the times of arrival more strictly this year to avoid any cross contamination from group to group. You will be asked to leave the chalet by 10am and arrivals will be after 3pm to give out team time to clean the chalet and sanitise everything.
We will be using single use products where possible such as jam, butter, shower gel etc as this will limit the possibility of the spread of any virus.
1. What happens if I need to isolate prior to my holiday or cannot come due to myself or a travelling partner/loved one contracting COVID-19? Icebreaker Chalets will not be liable to issue any refund in this instance but there are various travel insurance policies that can cover you for this.
2. What happens if I’ve decided I don’t want to travel after I’ve paid my full balance but there is no travel ban or anything else in place that specifically prevents me from travelling on my intended date? You can try and find someone else to take your place to mitigate your costs. If it is health related, then, again, there are insurance policies that will cover this. Icebreaker Chalets will not be liable for any refund in this instance as the provision of the service will still be possible.
3. What happens if something happens mid-stay, such as resort closure due to COVID-19 or a travel ban comes into force? We will offer you a monetary voucher for the number of unused nights calculated on a pro-rata basis if the resort closes (ski area etc.) . If we have to cancel your stay and instruct you to leave then we will refund you the entirety of any monies paid directly to Icebreaker Chalets for any unused nights on a pro rata basis. This includes ski hire purchased through icebreaker chalets but ski pass refunds will have to be dealt with directly with the issuing offices.
4. What happens if I paid £150 deposit and want to cancel for my own reasons? Your deposit will be retained by Icebreaker Chalets to cover our ongoing costs relating to the provision of your holiday. If you are part of a group you’ll have to find replacements or have the rest of the group cover the difference. If we are able to resell your holiday we will of course then refund your deposit in full.
5. What if the future situation is unclear when I come to pay my final balance? As a group you can decide to forfeit your deposit, alternatively you can go ahead and pay your balance. You will receive a monetary voucher should you then need to cancel for any of the aforementioned permitted reasons.
6. I’ve already booked and paid a £150 deposit, what does this mean for me? Nothing different! Your final balance will be due just 8 weeks prior to your holiday instead of 12 weeks, and if you decide to cancel outside of the permitted reasons you will forfeit your deposit.
7. Why are you retaining £150 if I cancel? This will be used to offset costs already incurred from the moment you book your holiday such as rental payments, processing fees, staff wages, advertising, admin fees and further costs associated with re-filling the beds or chalet.
Please note where we can resell any cancelled holidays we will refund the deposit amount .
Icebreaker Chalets are trying hard to be transparent in our dealing with any future COVID related problems. As a small family owned tour operator we cannot be held accountable for the fallout from all circumstances relating to future COVID issues. We incur huge costs preseason in relation to property rental, staff transport and wages, business tax and vat payments, ongoing investment, building and business insurance etc so we fullfull our commitment to provide our holidays with the funds we receive for each holiday. The offering of deferrals to the following year is a good will gesture that we hope will ease the pressure on both parties involved in our holiday contracts.
Please do contact us to discuss any COVID related issues. We can be contacted at email@example.com or 00447803816017
Copyright © 2017 Icebreaker Chalets,
IB Chalets Group
Company Registration : 10779166
130 Old Street,
London EC1V 9BD
Winter chalet holidays in Paradiski Ski Area - All Rights Reserved.
Skiing - Les Coches - Paradiski ski holidays - Chalet holidays - French Alps - Summer mountain biking in les coches - Chalets - Ski-in ski-out - la Plagne ski holidays - Catered ski holidays
IB Chalets Group Ltd Reg : 10779166